Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm back!!!

I'm back, with a vengeance! No, I have not had writers block but I have had "life block." With so many things going on, every time I would sit down to write a post, something would intervene. Yes for four months...don't judge! I am recommitted and rejuvenated to posting and hopefully more frequently!

As usual, lots going on in the Waterman household...

Drew's football team is competing in regionals this Saturday. If they win two more games, they go to Disney in December (insert excited but very overwhelming sigh here from me). Disney, in December, the busiest time of the year for me with birthdays and Christmas...should make for an interesting month but if it happens, then great!

Emma is trucking along in school. Things have been good this year...real good. Insert screeching halt. This week and last week however, not so much. Major non-compliance issues which are hindering the other students and herself. Example- note yesterday said "Emma decided to watch the entire class line up before making an effort to come off the playground." That's Emma. Who knows the reasons why she reacts the way she does some time. She is who she is and that communication barrier continues to be a thorn in all our sides from time to time. Praying for better results and quick or else a meeting may be called. We don't like meetings.

On top of football playoffs and practice 3-4 times a week, endless house projects, volunteering projects, board meetings, work, school, therapies, tutoring, homework, social committees, fantasy football leagues (yes, he's in 3...), church gatherings and couponing, us Watermans prefer to pile it on as thick as possible. So, Jon is having shoulder surgery on November 23rd. Right in the middle of Thanksgiving, his birthday and a potential trip to Disney. I know, we are crazy. This is no surprise. Recovery should be about 4 months and he will be in a sling for 4 weeks which means I will be stealing his medication for myself as often as I feel led. I'm KIDDING. Probably. Maybe. I don't know. PRAY FOR ME! And bring us food if you are concerned about my kids starving. But, if you have pets that you allow to hang out on your counters while cooking, nevermind. We can always eat cereal.

I just love life. Yes, it is so busy. There are times I pray for some down time, but I am so blessed. I thank God every day (truly I do, I have my quiet time in the car on my 40 minute drive to work minus phone time with Teresa and my mom about once a week) for everything he has given me. I am so undeserving. He knows all my mean, crazy thoughts yet he still loves me and desires a relationship with me. How awesome is that?!?! So.very.blessed.

Enjoy your day friends! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment