Friday, December 16, 2011

Too sweet not to share!

Emma has a daily behavior sheet from school each day. The "green" marks mean she has done a good job during those parts of her day and the red means not so much. Obviously we strive for all greens...and...we get those about 1/2 the time (or more often when Emma decides to color in all greens herself when she gets to school first thing, then hides it in her bookbag. Smart girl..but somehow she always gets busted! :) Each day when Drew gets in the car, the first thing he does is ask her about her day and if she got all green marks.



The other night Drew informed me that he and Emma were laying down together having a conversation the day before that went like this.

Emma: "I got all greens today Drew!"
Drew: "Did you Emma? That's great. I did too."
Emma: "Drew, you have a binder like me?" (They send her sheets home in her notebook.
Drew: "Yep, I sure do."
Emma: "Can I see your binder Drew? Have green checks too, just like me?"
Drew: "I got all greens. I will show you tomorrow."
Emma: "Okay, Drew. PE tomorrow too, like me?"
Drew: "Yes, I have PE tomorrow just like you!"
Emma: "Wear PE shoes, like me?"
Drew: "Yes, just like you."

Of course Drew doesn't get the behavior sheets like Emma does but yesterday after school, when he went to his bookbag and pulled this out, I couldn't help but tear up.



He took the time to make a behavior sheet for himself (of course giving himself all greens- haha!) to show Emma. She LIT up when he showed it to her. She asked him to read them all to her, while she held the paper. When he was done, she said "Good job all greens Drew. I'm so proud of you!" and gave him a thumbs up.

Just another reminder that sometimes it truly is about the small things. I am so grateful for the wonderful, amazing big brother Drew is. Emma adores him and I am so thankful for his heart.

Drew, you made my week.

1 comment: