Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sledding, Strep and a Showing!


Love this expression!



Love this one more though!

What a crazy weekend/week! The snow was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed being forced to stay in the house with the family and kids had a blast!


Emma really loved sledding, as I thought she would. She's a little dare devil in some ways..which can be good and bad. Drew asked me several times Friday night if I would be going out with him on Saturday. How could I say no to that? I stopped dead in my tracks and took time to remember this moment since he is growing up so fast. There may not be many more years of him asking "Mom, will you sled with me?" So with that gentle reminder in my head...I (we all)ventured out 3 times Saturday and 2 times Sunday with him. We started out in the driveway and had an awesome ski tube that my mom gave Drew a few years ago. I laid on my stomach and Drew would run and jump on me. This 31 year old body handled it well- surprisingly! It was a lot of fun and my inner child surfaced.


Later Saturday night, I stayed behind with Emma who was a frozen popsicle and Jon took Drew to the park behind our house where they found a great hill for sledding. The only problem....at the bottom of the hill was a fence that surrounded the track. Apparently my crazy husband (also somewhat of a daredevil) went sailing down the hill at record speed (think Eddie in Christmas Vacation moment here) and went right under the fence!! It ripped his coat to shreds and three sections of railing on the fence fell off. Jon spent the rest of the time putting the fence back togther, in the dark, without any tools! Thank goodness he was okay. It looked like his coat had been attacked by Wolverine. Great story to tell, but very thankful he was okay. The hill turned out to be a great sledding opportunity and everyone else in the neighborhood discovered that by the next day too!

On Sunday, Jon's dad came over for a bit and brought my neice and nephew with him. Off to the sledding hill we went. More fun sledding! Jon's dad even went for a spin...and yes we did this at our own risk because almost everyone slammed into the fence at least once. We finally posted one adult at the top of the hill and one at the bottom to catch the kids! Saturday nght my parents came over and Jon, Drew and my dad went back out for some more fun. Drew got to see his papa and grandpa both sledding and in the same day! Cool experience!


The fun came to a hault by Sunday evening when Emma came down with a very high fever. She became quite sick in a rapid amount of time. She told me her mouth hurt which meant she had strep. She had her tonsils taken out a year and a half ago so this hasn't been much of an issue- praise the Lord! Sunday night was a very longggg night as she was up almost the entire night. We took her to the doctor Monday am and yep...positive for strep! She was able to get an antiobiotc shot which helped her recover within hours. Love those shots...hate them for Emma, but love them for recovery. :)

Now to my list- I made a list last week of things I wanted to accomplish while snowed in (see previous post). Of course I didn't get to all of them but I didn't tackle some. I played in the snow, did laundry, watched movies, deleted and added pictures, cooked yummy meals, did our taxes and that was it from my list. I do feel ashamed because we didn't get to some of the more important ones like writing a letter to a soldier and taking goodies to the firestation. Emma becoming sick did sidetrack us for 2 days!


On a side note, we were bummed because it was the first official weekend of having our house on the market- and it snowed! How mean! I know now that God was giving us the break we desperately needed after all our weeks of endless work preparing our house for sale. So, thank you God for the days you gave us to stand in awe of your beauty! Fast forward to last night---we had our first showing! We haven't heard anything about it yet but I'm just happy to know someone was interested enough to come out, in the dark, on a weeknight to see it. Please pray for a quick sell for us!


The pictures above---A friend of mine asked me to send some to her so she could play with her new photo editing software-which is why these look so good. I love them! Thanks again Leslie! More informal pics to come soon. Happy almost Friday everyone!








2 comments:

  1. Hey Eleanor!! You did a great job on your list. Having a sick child definitely gets you "off the hook" for the rest of the list (especially if she's as difficult as Josi is when she's sick. ugh!) I love the way your friend worked with Emma's pictures. Very cool. Someday (in another life) I'll have the time to install the software and actually use it.

    Oh, it seems to take awhile for people to get the hang of checking blogs and being a faithful follower. My "followers" have certainly dropped off or at least there are less people commenting since the beginning. Oh well. I added your blog to my sidebar so maybe a few people will venture over from my blog.

    Happy almost weekend!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just ventured over from Kristin's blog. I am her friend Lisa mentioned in the post about blog buddies (although Kristin and I did not meet through the blogworld). Those are wonderful shots of your daughter. The second one is beautiful!!! Blow that one up and put it over the mantle!! Enjoyed reading of your family's snow excursion. It is such and EVENT in this state. At least none of us will ever be guilty of taking it for granted:)
    Nice to "meet" you.
    Take care!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete