Friday, March 12, 2010

Excited!!!!

I'm SO excited for the weekend. I don't remember the last time I was this excited...which shows just how long it has been since I've had anything resembling a break.

Drew has his Upwards awards ceremony tonight. My boy has killed it this season! Their last game, he scored all 20 of the 20 points for his team. They were down by one point in the last minute and Drew stole the ball, ran it down the court and made a sucessful layup to help his team win the game by one point! What a proud mama I was! I was yelling the entire way down the court!! Go Drew!!! So, lots to celebrate tonight as we close a wonderful season.

We'll head home to cheer on NC State after the awards program. Go State!

The excitement continues tomorrow....my parents are taking Drew and Emma to their place in Morehead City Sat-Sun because Jon and I are attending the Anna's Angels Gala tomorrow night. Anna's Angels is a non-profit founded by one of my friends, Michelle and they raise money for Down Syndrome research partnered with Duke Hospital. In just six years, they have raised over $540,000 for Down Syndrome research. The gala's are amazing and I am honored to be attending with Jon as we celebrate the lives of individuals with Down Syndrome. I celebrate my daughter's life every day and consider it a precious gift to be her mommy.

Hopefully, some great pics to follow after the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Where have I been? You've made 3 posts since the last time I checked. Sorry for missing a chance to comment on those! I LOVE your new header picture and look of your blog--keep up the good work!!!

    Hope you enjoyed the gala--have never been to one of those yet!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete