Thursday, March 11, 2010

Joyful

Yesterday was a good day. A great day. It was my ususal Wednesday off work. I live for Wednesdays! If only every day was Wednesday....

The kids had early release at 12pm. We had Cameron over to play with Emma while his mommy worked. We ran by a drive thru on the way home to grab lunch for Drew and myself and a snack for Emma and Cameron. We all sat at the table eating and Cameron and Emma were sooooo cute together laughing and laughing and laughing. Did I mention laughing???? They had the BEST time and it warmed my heart to see two children with special needs who just donn't have a care in the world and love each other for who they are. It was so simple but yet so beautiful. What a huge life lesson we can take from that moment. To be in their world with their big hearts and non jaded view of life...it's almost too much to comprehend. It was an impacting moment for sure. I'm so thankful I was there to witness the beauty of it. So, thank you Jennifer for allowing us to have your precious one over to play!!!

The fun continued as the afternoon went on and by 4pm we had a house full of kids! What a fun time for Drew and Emma. I'm so thankful for good friends and that my children have constant friends in their lives to grow up with. It is so important to have meaningful friendships and I'm blessed for each one that I have.

Joyful...the perfect word for the feeling I had all day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment