Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Remembered

What do you want to be remembered for?

Do you ever think about it?

Yesterday and today, this has been the burning question in my mind.

I'll start with what I do NOT want to be remembered for. I don't want to be remembered for yelling too much at my children, or not showing my love enough to my husband, children and family. I certainly do not want to be remembered for not allowing my faith to grow in all possible ways. I don't want to be remembered for not taking time to just STOP and enjoy life and the time I have with the ones I love so dearly. I don't want people to think I didn't try hard enough or make a difference in a person's life. I would never want my children to think I didn't make enough time for them to teach them, spend time with them and be an active part of their amazing lives. However, as a human, I tend to struggle with these very things daily.

I certainly want to be remembered for loving my family on the outside as much as I do on the inside, caring for my children to the best of my ability and spending time with them, loving them and being everything they need from a mom. I want to be remembered for being an honorable, upstanding Christian, being a good friend, being a strong advocate for individuals with special needs and for helping people. I want people to speak highly of me and know that I meant well in everything I did during my time on earth. It is so important to be good examples for our children so they will lead their lives in the same way. I want to make a difference and be remembered for the good things.

I encourage you to think of ways you would like to be remembered and then give yourself a little evaluation to make sure you are living your life in the way you want others to remember you by. Sometimes it is easier said than done but you can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I'll have to ponder that one. Thanks for the challenge. I certainly think of you as an involved, caring, mom and wife, and definitely an advocate for people with special needs. I know there's a lot more but it's late and I'm ready to go to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete