Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gifts

Webster's definition if the word "gift" is:

1 : a notable capacity, talent, or endowment
2 : something voluntarily transferred by one person to another without compensation
3 : the act, right, or
power of giving

Let's focus on the first definition. "A notable capacity, talent or endowment"

What are your gifts?

We all have them...even if you feel like you don't. Everyone has something they are good at. Really, I promise! And it's okay to be proud of your gifts because God blessed you with those and he wants you to use them!

Over the years I have learned what my gifts are and I also enjoy seeing the gifts in others too. I have learned that I enjoy helping people, whether it is by lending a listening ear, helping them with actual tasks, teaching, babysitting, taking on projects, giving or simply praying for them. I have also learned that I have the gift of couponing. It sounds funny, but it's true! I only discovered couponing about 2 years ago but man has it made a huge difference. Now I am choosing to share this talent by teaching 2 upcoming coupon classes for others to learn. Another gift I have is being an advocate. I think every parent (and especially a parent of a child with special needs) inherits this gift, whether they want it or not! :) I have enjoyed and embraced taking on the task of standing up for what is right for my children. Now that I have shared my gifts, I would love to hear what yours are! I encourage you to tap into your inner self and discover what they are, if you don't already know. I also encourage you to make sure you are using your gifts each day to glorify the Lord. Remember, he is the one who gave you those gifts!

Romans 12:3-12

3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. 9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.


Don't forget to leave a comment. Let us hear what your gifts are...

No comments:

Post a Comment