Friday, August 13, 2010

Random Ramblings

Writing is so therapeutic for me. Even in middle and high school I always knew that I enjoyed it, but I never realized how rewarding it feels until recently. I have so much going on right now but I wanted to stop and take a moment to blog because that means I get to feel refreshed for a few minutes. :) Thank you to those of you that stop by and take a peek into our lives…

We have a busy, busy weekend coming up. We will be spending tonight and tomorrow (and next weekend) moving out of our house into an apartment while our house is being built. What a huge change this will be for us. We have never lived in an apartment before. As I was signing lease papers yesterday the property manager says “So you’ve never lived in an apartment before? Well, let me be the first to tell you it will be quite the experience…” I thought, okay, is that said with a good tone or a haha/heehee evil mastermind tone?? I walked away thinking, oh surely she meant that in a good way right? RIGHT? I thought about this “new journey” many times over last night when I stopped by the apartment to hear a dog barking non-stop in one direction, some loud music being played in another and some guys chillin’ on the porch smoking cigars in another. . I looked straight ahead (only safe place to look) with very large eyeballs, took a deep breath and said a prayer. I pray we can survive the next 4 months…I think I got the property manager’s point last night…and I bet they all were laughing when the door closed behind me when I left the leasing office yesterday. I don’t consider myself high maintenance but a girl has her limits. If anyone wants to “life swap” for the next few months and trade living conditions, just let me know. I’m sure we can work something out… :)

Drew’s football season has begun which means practice 5 nights a week until games begin (can you hear the (sarcasm) excitement in my voice?). Tomorrow, the bulldogs have their pep rally. It should be a fun day for the boys and a great kick-off to their season. Emma has a play date with a couple of her friends from playgroup. Sunday is Homecoming at Mt Vernon and we will be attending. I’m also helping give a baby shower Sunday afternoon for my cousin’s wife, Amanda. I’m looking forward to celebrating with her and family!

Did I mention we are partially moving this weekend??? If we can fit in into our social calendar…we’ll see.

Continuing on with the theme of procrastinating for packing my house up… I have managed to accomplish a lot lately. These things are accomplished on the nights I should be home packing. I’ve gotten pictures developed from 2008, 2009 and 2010. I have made 4 photo books. I have run every errand possible. I even returned all my library books. I have cleaned out my car. I have gone to dinner with friends. I have jumped back into couponing hard core (shout out to myself, in the last 2 weeks I have gotten $537.59 of groceries for a whopping $16.63. But wait, there’s more…I received a total of $50 in catalina’s to use on future shopping orders, so I basically got paid $33.37 to take all those groceries out of Harris Teeter- can I get a booyah??). I guess I think I won’t ever have to pack if I keep consuming my nights with activities. I have marked so many things off my to-do list; I like to think of it as progress (complete denial).

I’ll close with this. Yesterday, Emma had a photo shoot for the Triangle Down Syndrome Network calendar. Yes, my baby is a calendar girl. How exciting! Not so exciting in the HOT, HOT weather at North Hills where the shoot was. It was so hot, the photographer took Emma into one of those quaint, fancy stores to get some indoor shots. My heart sank. I felt like Pretty Woman. I thought to myself “If she touches one thing I’ll have to get a second job to pay for it!” It went well. The store clerk was very friendly and Emma didn’t touch a thing. She did however decide to hide under the clothing rack and then an elderly lady came in (probably prepared to spend some serious dough) and waited patiently for Emma to move out of the way so she could peruse the rack. Imagine Emma in a cute dress, with pearls on, a fancy bow and polka dotted gloves, sitting on the floor looking so (conniving) innocent and cute. I saw a potential disaster waiting to happen. I thought, lady you’ll be waiting all night if you are gonna have a stand-off with Emma. She doesn’t ever back down! Ever. So I quickly devised a plan and offered Emma a Capri-sun. Out she came and off we went. Crisis diverted! Shew. Here are a couple of pics I took on my phone.







Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment