Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I said I wasn't gonna...

I've always thought New Years resolutions were so cliche and silly. I mean honestly, who really sticks to them for 365 days? Find a friend in April and ask them how there resolutions are going? They will say "Huh? What resolutions?" :)Of course we all want to be thinner, smarter, nicer and better in 2011. It's fun to talk about our ideas, goals etc but unless you truly follow through, they aren't meaningful or purposeful. So as New Year's rolled around, I thought...nope, not gonna do it.

New Years came and went and now it is Jan 4th...

Maybe it's my hidden desire to rebel and do something after it technically *should* be done (Jan 1st), but now that the dust has settled a little, I want to create my own list (NOT resolutions!) for 2011. This "list" is inspired by several things, but mainly our move to a new home. I will be holding myself accountable and welcome you to hold me accountable as well!

So here goes, my list for this year of things I want to accomplish (in no order):

-Blog more(it's so therapeutic)and get more followers!
-Save money to take a nice trip with Jon..preferably somewhere WARM
-Continue organizing my new home
-Join a Bible study (and stick to it...I know Krista!:)
-Create a better learning environment for Emma
-Dabble further into my love of photography, just for fun
-Help others who want to learn more about saving money
-Give more of myself to my family
-Learn to say no at times and not feel guilty
-Start Christmas shopping in August/September
-Pray more
-Give more (in every way)
-Have some fun parties at our new house
-Cook more (especially using the food we already have)
-Survive the teen years...and be the good, Christian parent I need to be
-Work harder at figuring out Emma's triggers
-Reinstate date nights with Jon when possible
-Make sure my friends and family know just how much I love them
-Take more video with my video camera
-Develop 2010 pics and put into albums
-Do something daring (but safe)
-Have a girl's weekend
-Track my 2011 coupon savings
-Continue to be thankful for our blessings

So there you have it. My list. It's a good list for me. I hope I will be able to come back and mark things off this list throughout the year. I challenge you to create your own list, but make sure it has substance. Be meaningful in all you do.

Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment