Thursday, January 21, 2010

Let Down

Have you ever been let down? Of course you have! I have been let down numerous times in my life, even more so in recent years having a child with special needs. I should clarify- I do not mean I've been let down by Emma, but rather situations surrounding her. I was wallowing in a bit of self pity and feeling sulky the other day. It seems like I frequently receive sour news having to do with Emma...this service is being cut, this lab result is low, this IEP goal is not being met, this evaluation labels her as "severe", jump through this hoop, then that one. Grrrr.

Then God spoke to me. In fact, at my weakest point, my Bible verse for the day came through on my email:

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

~ Ephesians 2:10, NLT

Wow! First of all, it was a wonderful reminder of how we are perfect in God's eyes. Perfection. Amazing and beautiful. I am God's masterpiece and so is Emma. Then the second part, "so we can go do the good things he planned for us long ago." This is my purpose. This is why He blessed me with a child with special needs. He expects me to endure these trials to serve His purpose. I am called to be the best advocate I can be for my daughter. He has planned out Emma's life long ago. He knows every good and bad thing we will come across in this journey. I find my comfort in knowing that God will never let me down. Though we are human and we forget this from time to time, I encourage you to do some self reflecting and realize that if you feel let down, there is someone who will never fail you.




1 comment:

  1. this is awesome eleanor!!! so encouraging and just what i needed to hear :) love you!!

    *karen* :)

    ReplyDelete