Monday, January 24, 2011

Some interesting tidbits about me:

-I carry a bag around everywhere I go. I have my calendar in it, as well as bills, coupons and anything I think I might need. If I ride with you in your car somewhere, I am very likely to carry my bag with me, in addition to my pocketbook. Yes, I realize this is like a crazy old lady. I like to think I am just ahead of the game.

-I have a very low self esteem. This is not a result of any tragedies in my life. It is just who I am and have always been this way. I also have CLEAR shower doors in my bathroom at our new house. I have decided this will either heal my low self esteem OR drive me to an early grave. And yes, I do have it on my punch list to verify they installed the correct doors!!!! Who wants see- through shower doors???? Not.this.girl.

-I have never eaten seafood in my life (although my mom says I hate clam chowder when I was about 4 years old). Oddly enough I love Red Lobster…because of the cheese biscuits but have never had the seafood.

-Along those same lines, I never tried cheesecake until I was 30 years old. (And I really didn’t care for it). I also never really ate cheese, deviled eggs or any casseroles until I was in my 20’s. Yes, I was born and raised in the south and yes, I now weigh more than I ever have due to discovering these things…oh and I guess having two kids too.

-I am a numbers FREAK. Enough said.

-I am a list FREAK also. Inside my calendar, which lives in my bag…you will find list after list after list in there. It will be a sad day when I pass and Jon has to go through all my lists and realize just how crazy I might’ve been. If you are reading this and something should happen to me, please frame my lists and have them all over the place at my funeral. I will be watching.

-I’m also a calendar freak. I sort of have to be with our busy schedules. If it’s in my calendar, I will be there. If it is not written down, good luck!

-Music is therapy for my soul. Music and I have an indescribable relationship.

-GERMAPHOBE.TO.THE.EXTREME.

-I enjoy rebelling in safe, fun, non-harmful ways. An example-when we lived in our apartment for 4 months, there was a one way round-a-bout. When no one was coming and the coast was totally clear, I would gun it and go the wrong way for fun! Yes I did, I just used my blog as a confessional forum.

-I’ve always wanted tattoos and piercings. Yep. If I were a different person, this girl would have an eyebrow ring, nose ring, tongue ring and several tattoos and my friends would probably disown me! And yes, I had my belly button pierced and several ear piercings before kids. I love it. I love the look. Call me a freak, whatever. Don’t judge. I just said I LIKE the look, not that I was going to do it…

-I have never been outside of the United States. However, if you read my 2011 list of goals, I hope to plan a trip with my husband this year. Perhaps a cruise!

-I started going to Jon’s baseball games when I was 13 years old (Drew’s current age-sigh). From 13 years old to his last game at 18 years old, I never missed a single game of his. Ever. You can ask him.

-If you pay any good attention to my daughter and show me you care about her, you have an automatic entrance into my heart. If you do the opposite of these things, I am likely to hold a bitter grudge against you forever.

-I don’t like minivans. Don’t lash out at me if you have one. I said “I” don’t like them. You can drive all the minivans you want to, but I pray this mama will never drive one!

-I don’t understand football but I can tell you almost anything about baseball. See post above about how many games I have been to. However, my son plays baseball, football, basketball and wrestling so I have to suck it up and pretend like I like all those other sports.

-I am no good at hiding my facial expressions. Good and bad. So, everyone pretty much knows what I’m thinking most of the time. Again, good and bad.

-I use the word “dude” a lot. Don’t know why, always have, probably always will.

-I drive a stick shift. I don’t love it but it’s what I have right now. The better part to this is that my husband can not drive a stick shift which sure has made for some funny stories.

-I do not like it when people respond to a text and only say “k” when they mean “okay.” I know, it’s weird but it drives me crazy for some reason and everyone does it, especially Jon and Jill the two people I text the most!!!!!

-I smell things. Apparently, I’ve had this disturbing issue since I was little. I smell most of my food before I eat it. I smell anything new, like new shoes inside a box. I don’t smell anything gross, nasty, or old though, only clean and fresh.

-I decided one day a while back that I was no longer going to eat fast food. I am proud to say I have not eaten at The Chum Bucket (aka McD’s) in over 5 months. In fact, I have only eaten Char Grill twice and ChicFilA a few times and that’s it for the fast food! Feels great!

-I have only been couponing for about 3 years. I am tracking my savings this year hard core. I saved over $13,000 last year (and that was loose tracking) and hope to do even better than that this year. My grocery budget is around $50-75 for the entire month and I do not pay for cleaning products or any toiletries. I can’t say enough about couponing and what it has done for us!

-I have a kidney behind my bellybutton. This was not discovered until I was about 27 years old. It is a smaller kidney so let’s hope the good one never goes out on me! Who wants to donate a kidney to me if I need it??? Any takers? I’ll trade you some of my couponing stash for your kidney.

-I danced around in my kitchen for 30 minutes the other day when I was home alone. It was fun. It was therapeutic and I highly recommend it. I must confess, I pray my new neighbors didn’t see me, because this white girl can’t dance!

I’m know there’s more but I can’t reveal all my secrets at once. I have to keep you guessing about some things. And also keep your friendships without scaring you away. What are your interesting tidbits?

No comments:

Post a Comment