Tuesday, August 28, 2012

High School, Here Comes Drew!




From kindergarten to high school...

Yesterday was emotional for me! My "baby" started high school. Seems like yesterday that we were walking the halls of his elementary school to find his kindergarten class. For some reason it was harder for me to drop him off at high school than it was for kindergarten. Those kids were like men and women, not boys and girls! I wanted so badly to park the car and walk him in (or just turn around and drive back home), but I don't think he would have gone for that. :) I was thankful he did let me snap our yearly "first day of school" picture though.

Drew, you have become such a wonderful young man. Your dad and I are so very proud of you. You have some amazing qualities and characteristics that a lot of people your age won't have until years later...if ever. You are an awesome person inside and out. God  has blessed you in so many ways and we are blessed to be your parents. I look forward to what the next four years will bring for our family as we move into this next chapter of our lives. I love you Drew!

PS- Yes, he stood like this on his own without my prompting. I love seeing the similarities in the two pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment